Friday, October 29, 2010

The life of a traveling babysitter

I arrived at the Spokane International Airport on a sunny afternoon.
I parked in the north parking lot and waited for the shuttle to drop me off at the terminal.The room we waited in was small and cramped due to the amount of people that we affected by several delays that day.The plane was a small turbo prop that was loud, cramped and vibrant just about the whole way over to Seattle.
The sight of the spiral parking garage at the Seattle Airport was a sight for sore eyes. Growing up with a traveling dad we were constantly dropping and picking him up there.
It was good to see the signs for the town I grew up in. I also knew that there were four little ones waiting for me to arrive not far away.

What do you do when mom and dad are away for the weekend? Everything that they tell you isn't good for you. You spend way to much time on the computer and lounge in your jammies watching t.v. most of the morning.
We went to the park when the sun came out. No meandering through the woods with these kids. It was straight to the play toys for them.

My mom and I took the kids on a three hour drive up to Bellingham to visit my brother James and his wife Candi. They took us to Hovander Homestead Park.
There were big turkeys for little Pierre to bark at.
A tall tower to climb up.
A large field perfect for tossing the ball around with Aunt Candi.
And of course a slide to enjoy with Uncle James.
The day I left to come back to Spokane was a typical Seattle day with gray skies and lots of rain.There were some of us that were not happy with my going home.
I left the Seattle airport as the day came to a close knowing that I would be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment